Are you looking for a fun game for kids with added nostalgia for you? Luckily, my Free Printable Fortune Teller Template is the answer!
What is a Paper Fortune Teller?
A paper fortune teller (cootie catcher) is a game that I played in grade school. We did not have templates, we just folded the paper and added all of the required information, and used our creativity to create the “fortunes”. Fortune tellers are made with the art of Origami (paper folding), then you use your fingers to make the motions.
Other Names for Free Printable Fortune Tellers
Also known as cootie catchers, whirlybirds, and chatterboxes. Whatever you call them, they are fun games for kids to play. Luckily they are also easy for you to create!
Free Printable Fortune Teller Instructions
- Print out my free Fortune Teller Template (when you sign up for my newsletter you will receive access to my Free Printables Library!) and cut it into a square.
- Add numbers and your own questions/answers/fortune/tasks.
- Fold over the four corners, evenly into the middle.
- Flip over the paper.
- Fold over the corners on the new side of the paper. You will be folding the answers in.
- Fold into fourths.
- Fit your fingers into the slits and open.
- Ask a yes or no question.
- Spell out the words or count the numbers while alternating a pinching and pulling motion with the teller to reveal a set of four numbers/colors/words.
- Pick one and move the fortune teller according to step 9, revealing a second set of four numbers/words/colors. Choose a flap to open and reveal your fortune!
Editable Fortune Teller
You can print my blank fortune teller out and add your own information to it. Get creative and make it into anything you want, not just a fortune teller. It could be used for doing funny tasks, or a truth or dare game. It is up to you!